The NHS voucher scheme exists to help with the cost of necessary glasses. The exact allowance varies depending on the strength and type of lenses recommend for you by the optician.
If you qualify for a voucher then you can, in most cases, get a pair from our children's or budget range for free. You may also use the voucher towards any pair from our other ranges.
You qualify if you are
- Under 16
- Under 19 (and in full-time education)
- Needing complex lenses (we will let you know if you qualify for this)
Or if you receive
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker's allowance (not contribution-based)
- Pension credit guarantee credit (not savings credit)
- Income-based employment and support allowance (not contribution-based)
- NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
- Or you are on leave from prison
If you are named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3), you may get some help towards the cost of your glasses.
Please contact us if you have an questions about NHS vouchers.